SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#142632 - 04/04/05 08:01 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Darksounds Offline

I have to say I'm quite irritated by Ohrenartzt's comments though with a name like that one should expect a poster who's overly critical and stuck up . That's exactly why so many people never try anything because someone puts them down for no reason .

I like the demo.

#142633 - 04/04/05 08:10 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Thanks to those with the kind comments and advice Well Today i made an actual song, heck it might not be the best, but it was fun to write and I think some might appreciate it. http://www.schnickelfritzmusic.com/fantomsong2.mp3

Enjoy!

Phil

#142634 - 04/04/05 10:05 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Hi Phil,
Nice job! keep up the good work... you only get better from here! Baby steps!
DJ

#142635 - 04/04/05 11:04 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
Well Today i made an actual song, heck it might not be the best, but it was fun to write and I think some might appreciate it...

Thanks for enjoying us, Phil!
A really good idea with some nice variations on drums. This song reminds me a little bit of Saga in some parts of the guitar (or string? it really sounds sometimes like the attack of a string in higher frequencies) but nevertheless a good picking.
The drums sound a bit too much bass balanced to my ears. Open the middle and trebble filters (or the equivalent equalizing parameters you have) a little bit more and the drums will sound more transparent. But I know that this is only a detail for the last mix. It's good and important that you've fixed your idea.

In live acts maybe the guitar should better be played by a real guitarist - and in this special case it should be a very good 'axeman'...hey, you're really sophisticated in music...

I really share your enthusiasm with your NEW synth. I remember when I bought my K2k - nobody could get me away from this piece of sound garden for a long, long time...after this time of exploring the 'heaven on earth' I started with congrete working with much more experience of this art so called sound engineering...

Make so on, Phil! You're on your way!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#142636 - 04/05/05 05:54 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Phil

Tks for sharing your nice job.
Congrats from Brazil
Chico

#142637 - 04/05/05 07:50 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Every day I receive a corporate communication email, at my work, with a quote of the day. This is yesterdays quote of the day, "After all this is over, all that will really have mattered is how we treated each other." Unknown

Starkeeper

#142638 - 04/05/05 08:10 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Phil, finally had a chance to listen to your Fantom guitar work.Good work. Impressively realistic sounding & hypnotically tranquil with the string pad added.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
Its not really what id normal make

I'm looking forward now to hearing the music you'd 'normally' make (play). Looking forward to hearing more music created by you on your new Roland Fantom.

Scott

#142639 - 04/06/05 01:09 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Hi Phil,

I'm assuming that was an arpeggiated electric guitar? It was interesting to hear because I'm so used to hearing synth sounds with a looping arpeggiator!

A nice melody over the top with piano or vox would make it even better, in my opinion.

Keep em coming!

Carrie

#142640 - 04/06/05 07:27 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Thanks for the compliments

Carrie, yep, that was an arpeggiated electric strat guitar. There is a slight vox underneath the sound, but its pretty faint. A strings pad was also added in the background.

Thanks,

Phil

#142641 - 04/07/05 06:52 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
What a shocking piece of crap.

Ever heard about .. education???

You have your opinions and the right to express them. So you can say something like "Phil, I don't like your music" or, better, "Phil I don't like your music because ... "
But you cannot say/write as you done. Is this the way you talk to your family or friends?

Shame on you, Ohrenarzt!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online